The Extended Spool Utility for the HP3000
ESPUL is a spoolfile
management utility for the HP3000 and it's MPE operating system. ESPUL replaces
HP's SPOOK utility and compliments the MPE commands for spoolfile manipulation.
ESPUL is a command line program designed for HP3000 system managers, operators,
and knowledgeable end users. ESPUL's capabilities fall into these main areas:
- Provides a much more useful and user friendly
display of the MPE output spool queue.
- SHOW, ALTER, COPY,
PURGE, VIEW and ARCHIVE spoolfiles selected by any spoolfile attribute or
combination of attributes with wildcards.
- Transfer spoolfiles between networked HP3000
- On-line display of spoolfile contents including a
full-page browse mode with left/right up/down scrolling and support for
132 column terminals. Texted spoolfiles can be searched and subsets of
lines copied to new spoolfiles. Allows access to open and input
- Production of spoolfile tapes compatible with
microfiche production and transfer of spoolfiles to non-HP systems.
- Printing of spoolfiles on printers attached to
terminals or PCs.
- Printing/Copying of spoolfiles to disk files.
- A more useful, user friendly display of the MPE
job queue coupled with the ability to alter/abort waiting job streams
selected by attribute (job name, priority, etc.).
- Store spoolfiles to tape or disk for archival purposes,
with easy access for viewing and restoring archived spoolfiles to the
- Store waiting job streams to disk or tape so they
can be restreamed after a system shutdown.
- Comprehensive network printing support
- Many more capabilities to assist users with
system operation/management and systems development.
ESPUL is the "Swiss army knife" tool for the output
spooling system of MPE.
ESPUL runs on MPE/iX (including release 7.0).
ESPUL is priced on
operating system and cpu size with 12% annual maintenance. Right-to-Copy
licenses are %50 of first CPU price. Contact Software Devices for current